Looking to learn basic computer skills or upgrade the skills you already have? You’ve come to the right place.
Basic Computer Skills is designed with the beginner in mind. We take the time to explain everything in detail, so there’s nothing left unclear. The idea is to teach you the fundamentals of using a computer and its software so that you feel confident and competent when you’re using your own computer.
Basic Computer Skill – Course Content
- Getting Started with Your First Computer
- How to Use Your Computer’s Built-in Help
- Undo Your Mistakes
Understanding File Extensions
- Downloading and Uploading
- Free Software
- Open Source vs. Closed Source Software
- What is a PDF File?
Setup and Maintenance
- How to Set Up a Wi-Fi Network
- Here’s how to set up your Wi-Fi network.
- How to Update Your Software
- How to Customize Your Desktop Background
- What To Do if Your Computer Gets a Virus
- How to Set Up a New Printer
- How to Power Cycle a Device
- Disable Applications from Running on Startup
- How to Keep an Old Computer Running Smoothly
- Tips for Speeding Up Your Computer
- How to Defragment Your Hard Drive
- Starting a Computer in Safe Mode
Installing and Uninstalling Software
- Installing Software on Your Windows PC
- Installing Software on Your Mac
- Uninstalling Software from Your Windows PC
- Uninstalling Software from Your Mac
At Basic Computer Skill, we offer many different types of classes to teach you the basics or teach you new skills. If you can’t find what you’re looking for on our site, please contact us and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.